BOOK REVIEW: THE UNIVERSE OF US BY: LANG LEAV

Tuesday, October 25, 2016


✮✮✮✮
Published: 2016
Pages: 240
Genre: Poetry

Thoughts

As much as I love Lang Leav, this did not hit a home run for me. It may possibly be after reading the first two books from her that the writing is somewhat predictable in a way. Or the more appropriate term I shall use is, repetitive? 

By all means, Lang Leav has such a skilled way of crafting words together into a piece of work. There were poems in the Universe of Us that made my heart ache but in a sense it felt like a similar heartache, if that made sense. I engulfed this book entirely but I had to re-read a couple of the poems. 

Highlights for me would be the poems that had a theme of self discovery and loss. Here is one of my favorite pieces;


Salve

"You won't hear from me again after today, and I don't want you to worry. I'll be okay. Because I have to be."



But overall, although it was relatable it unfortunately felt like I was drinking the same cup of tea. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs